At St John’s we want children to enjoy maths and develop a sense of curiosity about the subject.
Following the New National Curriculum the children will be given the opportunity to:
- develop confidence and mental fluency with number
- develop an understanding of mathematical vocabulary and notation
- develop mathematical concepts in real life situations through handling materials, discussion and practical situations
- develop their mathematical reasoning and problem solving abilities
- use their mathematical skills in other areas of the curriculum
Please see the documents section for more information about the maths taught in each year group.